Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kittitas

Kittitas
 
 
     Boomer the Otter had a big exercise day today in spite of being sick. It consisted of:
  • A 5 mile interval jog on the treadmill
  • A 9.40 mile bike ride
  • 20 minutes of Yoga
     Adding the 14.40 mile of today to my total yearly mileage of 99.36 so far, puts me at Exit 115, 113.76 miles East of Seattle, in a tiny town named Kittitas. Kittitas is the name of a local tribe. Depending on the dialect of Kittitas spoken, it means "white chalk" of "shoal people" or "shale rock".
     Getting to Kittitas means I have left the lush coastal forests behind and am now in the agricultural and ranching plain lands. I have passed through Ellensburg without stopping. My next big spot on the map is the bridge across the Columbia River near Vantage. That is almost 22 miles away. Long bike ride tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment